The hardest thing to do on the guitar is finding your own voice. The struggle is that you can learn all the tools, but then how do you “sound like you”?
Marcus has been a pro musician for 15 years. He’s the current frontman for Ten Years After and the Ronnie Scott’s Blues Explosion and has performed and learned along the way with guitar icons such as Van Morrisson, David Gilmour or Ronnie Wood.
In this course, Marcus shows you interesting rhythm guitar ideas because – let’s face it – thats 70% of the gig and if your comping isn’t happening the whole band knows about it! He helps you combine certain techniques to make your playing not only more competent but also allowing you to find your own voice.
Right hand technique & hybrid picking, left hand and right hand muting, use of chords within the blues, chord substitutions, interesting ways to enhance your rhythm playing and of course soloing & expressing your own personality in your solos.
- How to embellish your 12 bar blues
- Exploring the Blues and the Turnaround
- Putting some rhythym in the blues
- Use of the Basssline in the blues
- Introduction to blues soloing
- Intro to blues soloing, Part 2
- Hybrid picking
- Performance of Mississippi John Hurt – Sliding Delta (Marcus’ arrangement)
- Starting to find your voice
Lessons provided by MusicGurus.com.