The New York Jazz Workshop®, one of NYC’s premier jazz music institutions, is holding their 10th Annual Music Intensive Series in July and August with a wide range of 1-4-day intensives for all instrumentalists and vocalists. The 2018 series will offer 16 different music programs for adults (age 17 and up) led by an impressive faculty of world-class musicians and educators.
The Guitar Intensive on Aug. 16-19 with Kenny Wessel and Vic Juris is the first of two guitar-specific programs. The 4-day program cover topics such as chord voicing, improvisation, modal chord positions and much more. Don’t miss this chance to learn from two of the world’s leading jazz guitar voices.
Learn more about the Guitar Intensives >>
Three-time GRAMMY-nominated trombonist-composer-arranger Alan Ferber shares his wisdom this summer during three exciting intensives. In the Composition Intensive on Aug. 20 participants will gain new insights into the roles of melody, harmony, improvisation, and form and learn how to incorporate these concepts to their own compositions.
Ferber will be also teaching the Counterpoint and Arranging Intensives on Aug. 21 and 22. Counterpoint, a basic compositional aspect, is essential for deeper understanding of arranging and composition. The Aug. 22 Arranging Intensive will focus on big and small band writing, reharmonization and orchestration. Consider signing up for the Composition intensive, the Counterpoint intensive and the Arranging intensive as a package (for a 10% discount!).
- July 19-23 with the Brazilian Music Intensive
- West African/Djembe Intensive with Michael Markus on July 23
- West African Grooves with Yacouba Sissoko on July 24
- Bata Intensive with David Ambrosio on July 25
- The Jazz Improvisation Intensive on July 26-29
- The Piano/Keyboard Intensive on July 30-Aug. 1
- Beginner’s Vocal Intensive on Aug. 2-5.
- Intermediate Vocal Intensive on Aug. 6-8
- Aug. 9-12 brings forth the Vocal Intensive for Intermediate/Advanced
- The All About Drums Intensive on Aug. 13-15
- Guitar Intensive on Aug. 16-19
- Composition Intensive on Aug. 20
- Counterpoint and Arranging Intensives on Aug. 21 and 22
Learn More about the Summer Intensives >>