There’s an amazing amount of great fingerstyle guitar players on YouTube. Sometimes they inspire me, and sometimes they make me want to hang up my guitar and walk away. But I have to say that, regardless of how I feel, crusing YouTube for great players is never boring. And I always come away with a new tune I want to learn.
Part I – A Focus on Players
Part I of the “Best Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Channels on YouTube” series focuses on big name players. It’s calculated by sheer volume of views on an overall channel (versus on a given video) with some discretionary editing to account for taste. The series will continue in the next weeks to include some more players, a list of record labels, and a final ‘best of’.
Best Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Channels on YouTube – Part II
Best Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Channels on YouTube – Part III
But maybe you think there’s some other players or topics who should be listed in the meantime? Let me know in the comments below.
1. Sungha Jung – 18 yr old South Korean guitar prodigy.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/jwcfree
2. Igor Presnyakov – One time classical guitarist, sometime hard-rock guitarist, now an amazing Russian fingerstyle master of YouTube.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/Iggypres
3. Andy McKee – Guitar player phenomenon who is currently heading the Guitar Master series, producing new music, and founding a record label.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/andymckeeVEVO
4. Antoine Dufour – Canadian fingerstyle guitarist, winner of several world class guitar competitions, with an amazing technical mastery of the guitar.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/AntoineDufour
5. Adam Rafferty – A New York born guitarist who started in jazz and was converted to fingerstyle by the eminent Tommy Emmanuel.
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/crescentridge
There’s Paddy Sun, the Chinese boy who appeared on Youtube briefly, then disappeared behind the Chinese Firewall — so he wouldn’t show up by page views. I think he’s an unearthly musician, one of the most perfect musical souls I’ve ever encountered in any form. The only way anyone in the West has ever heard of Sun is via his Viet Namese fans on youtube.
Not me! But I wrote this piece called Uffizi which I think will appear to acoustic guitar players. Love to hear other guitarists play it…https://youtu.be/Tj2eRMG8yv8
You missed John H Clarke