Pierre Bensusan (born 30 October 1957) is a French-Algerian guitarist. As Sephardic Jews, his family came from Spain, Spanish Morocco and French Algeria. The genre of his acoustic guitar music is often characterized as Celtic, Folk, World music, New Age, or Chamber jazz. He has also published three books of music and tablature.
A wide variety of musical styles and influences can be heard in his music. He is most noted for playing in DADGAD tuning.
Winner of the Independent Music Award, in the Live Performance Album category for his latest triple live album “Encore” (2014), “Rose d’Or” of the Montreux Festival for his first album, “Près de Paris” (Switzerland, 1976), “Best World Music Guitar Player ” by the readers of Guitar Player Magazine (USA, 2008), Pierre Bensusan is recognized as one of the premier musicians of our time.
One of my personal favorites is his “So Long Michael“ a tribute to “Michael Hedges” upon his passing.
If you’re a fan of Spotify, here’s a couple tunes to get you started:
- “Altiplanos”: https://open.spotify.com/track/33ToHqI6E1L600oNBhkumI
- “Dadgad Café” – Hymn 11″: https://open.spotify.com/track/2jav3ivapYiGDvi4toKtR3
Albums: View List
- Lowden Pierre Bensusan Signature Model. Check on Lowdenguitars.com
- Highlander iP-1 pickups. Check on Highlanderpickups.com
- Line 6 Relay G30 wireless system. Check price on Amazon.com
- Ernie Ball volume pedal. Check Price on Amazon.com
- Boss RC-50 Loop Station. Check price on Amazon.com
- Universal Audio Apollo Duo FireWire audio interface. Check price on Amazon.com
- MacBook Pro. Check price on Amazon.com
- Schoeps CMC 64 mic for guitar. more info
- Neumann KMS 104 mic for vocals. Check price on Amazon.com
- Wyres Signature DADGAD set, gauged .013, .017, .023, .032, .042, .056. Check price on Pierrebensusan.com