Stories from the One-Man Band
This is Tommy Emmanuel giving an inspiring talk at the TEDx conference in Melbourne, Australia in December 2013.
It’s inspiring because: a) he shares some of his musical development and b) because he plays a small selection of his tunes. And, of course, there’s his genuine Tommy Emmanuel enthusiasm and sense of humor throughout.
Every time I see him play, it makes me want to immediately go pick up my guitar and get better.
Tommy’s 18 minute TEDx talk highlights:
- The mechanics of his playing style
- Chet Atkins as an inpiration
- Tommy’s relationship with his audience
- The musical effects he uses to keep things interesting
- Percussion on the acoustic guitar
- Cascading harmonics
- A moving letter written by his wife
What did you think? Worth the 18 minutes?
Leave a Reply