Eric Johnson (born August 17, 1954) is an American guitarist. His 1990 album Ah Via Musicom was certified platinum by the RIAA and the single “Cliffs of Dover” won the Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance.
Best known for his electric guitar skills, Johnson is also a highly proficient acoustic, lap steel, resonator, and bass guitarist, as well as an accomplished pianist and vocalist. He plays in many genres, including rock, blues, jazz fusion, soul, folk, new-age, classical, and country.
Guitar Player magazine has called him “one of the most respected guitarists on the planet”.
One of my personal favorites (especially since it’s an acoustic jam) is his “Song For George”.
If you’re a fan of Spotify, here’s a couple tunes to get you started:
- “Cliffs Of Dover”: https://open.spotify.com/track/5qm0KiVKMXW1kq6VrnIhz5
- “Bristol Shores”: https://open.spotify.com/track/1SUjt3ZUbiErL0rPIcW4EM
Albums: View List
- Fender Stratocasters – more info
- Gibson ES-335 – more info
- Marshall amplifiers – more info
- Dumble amplifiers – more info
- Martin D-45 – more info
- Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face – more info
- BK Butler Tube Driver – more info
- MXR KD IV Stereo Chorus – more info
- Vox CryBaby wah-wah – more info
- ToadWorks Barracuda flanger – more info
- Prescription Electronics Experience octave fuzz – more info
- Xotic AC Booster – more info
- MXR Flanger/Doubler – more info
- Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man delay – more info
- Boss Corporation DD-2 Digital Delay – more info
- MXR 1500 Digital Delay – more info
- Line 6 Echo Pro Studio Modeler – more info
- Maestro Echoplex tape delays – more info